A look back at 2015!!

Pigeon Forge, TN. Dollywood My "little" chicks!

Dollywood Train!

So this is how we eneded 2015 all of us together! Looking back I see a year full of trials. Probably harder than any other year! We have endured so much as a family! 

We have endured a split family - one being at college, watching a parent/grandparent fall ill and finish out his life, watching hubby/dad get sick and then hospitalized,  a break-up, loosing two pastors, friends moving away, stress in  sports, another parent/grandparent getting ill, leaving a job, and dealing with school stress.  Through all that our family endured this year, one thing is for sure, our God has never left us! He was by our side through it all and has done more carrying than walking alongside!

I know families go through these kinds of things all the time! I know they persevere through these trails yearly! This has been the toughest year for our family. Although 2016 has shown a hard beginning as well! Not as hard as last year though probably because its not hitting our family directly! Our family also had the greatest year in the Lord! We have watched Him show Himself in the most trying times. We have seen Him lift our spirits and most importantly know we have nothing to fear! There is nothing mere man can do to us! 

All of these trails have left  a lasting  impression or change factor on all of us, some more than others! Through all of these things life still had to go on! Life still had to function. Some days were only in the strength of the Lord that I made it through the day.

To sit and watch many of my loved ones hurt this year and not be able to do anything about it was the most painful thing ever. I would have taken the pain if I could and released them from it! 

I am reminded when I say that what God has done for us! I cannot watch my child in pain BUT God sent His Son to die for our sins! God sent His one and only son to carry the weight of sin for our sake! Could you really do that? Could you watch your loved one beaten, whipped, spat at, and mocked for the sake of someone else? This year I can tell you, I could NOT! I am grateful He did! I am so unworthy of the Love of Christ, which makes me even more thankful for what He has done for me! A sinful worthless creature as myself. Yet through Him I am worthy and desire to share His love, His faithfulness, His power! Oh the love we have have in Jesus! 

As I look back on 2015 I pray that I do not see all the hurt. I pray I see all the grace, love, and faithfulness I have been given! Sometimes we need the hard times to truly see how  blessed we are! 

My heart breaks this year as I watch a friend fall ill, another friend loose the love of her life, and another friend struggle more days than not! Lord I pray each of these children of yours would see and know your grace and mercy. Use me to love them the way you love them! To not be selfish with my time, to put others first and inconvenience myself for your glory!


Comments

Dallas said…
Our family also had the greatest year in the Lord...That pretty much sums of the truth in all of our trails! 2015 did not come without pain, disappointment and tears, but friends who love in Christ are used by HIM to pick those of us weaker up and for that I praise God and thank HIM for you. Beautiful blog...

Popular Posts