What's your Superpower??

Everyone has a Superpower, whats yours?

 I have become one who likes to read. Way more than I ever use to be. There was a time when I could only handle one book at a time, now I read one that makes my brain think (right now is The Right Kind of Strong and Show Them Jesus) along with a fictional book (right now are The Haven Maker Series) when my brain needs a rest. 

In my reading, the thing that stuck out to me is, What is your superpower? 

Funny how fictional books can make you wonder and then head books can drive a point home and you can connect the fiction with Truth. Thinking of my Superpower makes me think, I don't want to be one of the weak women of Ephesus. (2 Timothy 3-weak women weighed down with sins, led on by various impulses, always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.) I want to be a Strong Woman who wears the wardrobe of peace, patience, kindness, goodness, and self-control. A Strong Woman who forgives often and whose Superpower is Love. 

Have you known a woman whose superpower is hate? withholding affection? withholding affirmation? When faced with these women, that's when the Follower of Christ is called to show her Superpower. 

What is your Superpower? Love? Forgiveness? celebrating the everyday? Thankfulness? listener? Oh the list could go on. What is one thing that you do really well? What is one thing you WANT to do really well? Sometimes we think we have one Superpower but others in our life would say its something else.

Does the person whose Superpower is withholding affection know she withholds affection to the point of hurting others? Does the person whose Superpower is compassion know that she is sought after? 

What if the person whose Superpower who hurts you so is someone you dearly love? What if its your Spouse? Parent? Child? Sister? Friend? What do you do with that? Do you go to a place in your mind of that age when things first started? Do you with your mom go back to a young age? Even in her mere presence you instantly go back to that 10 or 12 year old? With a sister you go back to the "little" sister? 

Well what if, you had unforgiveness in you that was the real root? The Lord calls us to forgive as He has forgiven. No we don't need to forgive ourselves, we sinned against God not us!! Maybe it is the fruit of bitterness that holds us back, takes us back to that time in our minds where the hurt was done.  When we totally forgive those who have hurt us we can then release them to the Lord! When they are released to the Lord we can then shower them with our Superpower and their reaction to us will not hurt as much when they react. IT really comes back to our identity.

Am I saying things will never hurt. Absolutely not!! I am saying when we forgive those who have hurt us- love covers a multitude of sins! We are free to cover them in our Superpower. We are able through the power of the Holy Spirit fight the fight of pride, rejection, self righteous, etc. We have the power of Christ to  release them to the Lords care. Does this mean words or actions won't hurt? or that we may have to go through some really tough days? Not at all. 

Reading through these wonderful books and seeing the Lord's power to His chosen and Beloved Daughters brings me to my knees in thankfulness. They also make me see it is all the power of the Holy Spirit there any good thing in me!  That I must forgive as Christ has forgiven me and not allow one ounce of creeps in my life. I must stand firm on the Truth. I must not say I forgive others and yet act or bring to memory all the things of the past. I must not treat those I have forgiven as if I haven't forgiven them in thought, word or deed. 

I have been challenged to examine my thought life this week to see what is my Superpower? and what would others say my Superpower is? Do I extend love and grace to those I have a past of hurt with? Do I love as Christ has loved me or do I love merely to look good in front of others? When I forgive do I truly forgive? 

some links to check out about the books I am reading right now-

https://www.marykassian.com/books/right-kind-of-strong/

http://jackklumpenhower.com/

https://replicate.org/series/growing-up-series/

https://christymillershop.com/collections/haven-makers-series

Comments

Popular Posts