It's been way too long for an update.

I am amazed when people ask me how Tyler is doing. How he is progressing. Then they usually say something like, I follow all your posts and have not seen one lately so I was curious. I mean I see how many times it looks like this blog has been read but honestly think people aren't reading them. Thank you so much for all your concern and prayers and love you have shown our family both in private and in public. I am thankful to know there are many people like me who want to know but don't want to ask either. I know some people that go through hard times don't want to be asked constantly about it, I get that I truly do! It's hard when you are going through something, so many days you want to live a "normal" life. You don't want to relive your pain over and over. I know too that when someone you know and aren't really close to, you really don't know how to help or you just don't want to overload the person. I am so thankful for every person who has walked up and hugged me and asked how things are going. Please don't feel like you need to apologize for not reaching out. We know there has been an army praying for Tyler. We know that it is only by the grace of God Tyler is who he is today.

I have thought many times about sitting down to write an update, sometimes I have even sat down, got on the computer and like the dog on UP I get distracted (Squirrel).  For the last month so much has been happening. We have started preparing for a wedding, Tyler has purchased a truck (which requires some work), went prom dress shopping,  Volleyball is winding down, we had some visitors, we have had Spring Break (visited family) and Celebrated 25 years of marriage. We are still looking for a home or land daily, and of course there is regular life. Life has been a little busy around our home. I honestly could not be happier - well, maybe if we found something!! Just to take that burden off, but then there will be the addition of building or remodeling.

Tyler went back on Monday (yesterday) for his check up with Dr Pinto and Dr. Amon it was a good check-up. They were encouraged to see him doing well and knowing he was almost finished with his medications. We have 1 med left and starting tomorrow he will only take it one  time a day. The count down is on for being med free!! Tyler honestly can't wait! They sent the order in for his driving test and pysch examination. We are waiting to hear a date for those, once we have those dates I will be asking for prayer that both of them go smoothly. They said the driving test will probably be scheduled first because it  only takes about a month to get in to take the test. We are unsure if it will be a simulation and  road test or just the simulation test. Now the neuro-pysch exam they say will take 2 to 3 months before Tyler can get in and it will be an all morning test. This will give us a better idea of how things will work with going back to school. This will tell us if we need any adaptions in the classroom. (The school has reached out and Tyler can pick up this semester where he left off which would be going back to school in November and getting 2 weeks of catch up and then joining the classes after Thanksgiving.)
While at his appointment we went upstairs to the unit where Tyler stayed and got to see a couple of our favorite nurses. Carlos, Gus and Micheal were so good to Tyler. Gus and Carlos were there when Tyler first came to rehab, and Gus got the gift of being there when they discharged Tyler. They were quite taken by his appearance (remember his hair and glasses) and his healing. These guys were so patient with our boy. Tyler got hear many times over how he was "interesting"  while he was in rehab. Again, Tyler did not remember these guys who took care of him probably close to half the time he was in Rehab. We cannot thank these guys enough for all they did for Tyler.

Chris and I celebrated 25 years of marriage this past weekend. It is so hard to believe that it has been 25 years, I realize how long we have been together when I look at our kids. I really wonder where time has gone and how do I bottle it all up and keep every good memory? I am so blessed to have my best friend by my side and grow old with! (my brain- goes to the Wedding Singer, I want to grow old with you! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1A_X8VMIqU)

I have to say- I would not of picked this path in our life for nothing! I would not wish this trail on anyone. I will say I am so thankful for this time. I am thankful for the grace and the blessings this trail has brought onto our family. I would not of choose this and yet I do not wish it never happened. As hard as this has been, it has grown me. I do not take for granted family. My family means more to me than silver or gold or rubies. Family is one thing you can never get back once it is gone. We cannot choose our family and they are the best one for us! I have learned just how important and knowledgeable the medical staff is, not that they don't make mistakes, they are human!
Through this trail I have seen so much good come. It is a blessing to have Tyler and Ashley here so much, it is a blessing to do a Bible Study with them every Tuesday and have lunch together. Our lunch times with our boys and their sweeties (lack of better word) have been awesome! Time for them to talk and ask any questions they would like.

As much as we are loving this time we also know that this is hard on Tyler, although he has not complained. He would like to get back to life as it was before the accident.  Tyler has said there is no reason to complain, there is  nothing he can do to change where he is. He has grown so much! I am thankful, he really could be complaining or be depressed about his lot in life and he is choosing to be thankful. Thankful for the gift of life.

Please join us in praying for his testing- 1) that he can get in sooner than later, 2) we will be content with the results, 3) good results - we really want Tyler to have life abundantly! Prayer for his journey that he will walk closer to Christ and not dwell on the past but remember it was Christ who saved him. Not Chris or I or the medical staff but Christ- for Tyler's days are numbered like the all of us and Christ is control. We only think we are!! Tyler has work on earth to do yet! I pray he never forgets that!

Thank you again to everyone who have been on their knees praying for our boy! He is overwhelmed by the love and support of family and friends and acquaintances.  We are humbled by the support! We

Just a couple pictures from the last month!

Ashley made dinner us!! It was so good!

Big South tourney- so great to get to see family!

Tyler loved teaching Draven how to throw a disc and Draven loved having time with Tyler and Ashley! All the kids spent hours throwing discs and then going to get them. 

Comments

Popular Posts