And the year begins!! - School year that is!!








So the school year begun. Any other school year would be the same. Ready for the kids to go back, get the house back, and enjoy some quietness. This year brought on so many new emotions. Such a crazy new year of school. 

I was quite nervous with Tyler going back, although the joy in my heart was totally out shining any fear or doubt. Not fear he couldn't do it or doubt that he could, it was fear of him driving so much and doubt he would get the help he needs. It's not like he can't do it, I know that! It's doubt in the school, the professors, the system. It's fear because the school does not want to talk to us and some times you need a Momma to get things done and ironed out. This is my boy! I have doubt I can sit back and let him struggle a little. I want to be there walking him to class, talking to his professors and letting them know what we have lived through. I still don't think they get it! I have been so full of joy that not only is Tyler back in school but I get to see him off. I have missed his first days of school for 5 years and for 5 years I have not seen him on his first afternoon to see how his classes went. I like this part of my job when the kids were growing up, getting the low down on the first day! Whose in their classes, who sit beside them, you know the drill!!

Kyle going to his first days of class brings on a whole new perspective on life. Knowing this is his last semester and then he not only moves out but he is getting married! He is a man child (which my kids hate that I think of them this way), he is an Adult Child of mine. WOWzeers!! I mean really, he isn't finishing this semester to go someplace to study and then will be back in his bed every break and a good part of the summer. Nope this is the last couple of months of him really living in our home. Then he will have a wife, Lord Willing, and she will be the one to tell him to pick up his stuff, get his clothes out of the laundry room, clean the bathroom and everything else. I sit and wonder where the time has gone and when did I blink! I see them and it is surreal! 

Carmen heading off to her first day of Junior year blows my mind! My baby is growing up so fast, she has always been the one looking after me. I stand in awe that she needs to go look at colleges, we need to think of her next step. So many times I am asked if she is a Senior and I think- oh no! Way too quick. This is the beginning of the firsts of the lasts! Junior year is the beginning of  last full days. Next year, half days! They begin and end school with half days! I really don't want to focus on the lasts, I want to focus on the here and now! Go to every Volleyball game and watch my girl play! She is my Volleyball Star! I think she wears a cape, you just can't see it!! 

It has been so long since I have been blessed to have 3 of my 4 kids on their first days of school. I think if I had all 4 here, I would of flashed back to the younger years! I love my kids and want to spend every chance I get with them. Just to have them close is a gift. 

Allee is doing such a great job being an Adult. It's not easy, we all know that, and yet she is making it! She is learning some great lessons, working hard and thinking through things in a way adults do. I (We) are so proud of her doing what she does. It's hard and calls her to not act her age. When others her age are in school, socializing, and having some time of kick back, she is working. She gets up early and goes to a job where she is one of the younger ones there and she works, I am sure she works hard! Allee was always a hard worker, she is great with her hands. Her hard work and determination will pay off in the end, this I know!!

The beginning of the school year marks for school age children a new beginning, a new chance at something maybe they did not succeed at too well last year. A beginning to work hard! A beginning to the end in some cases, like Kyle. In any way I am so blessed to have my kids under my roof and  working as hard as they have this start to the new year!

Ways to Pray-
Tyler- schoolwork, it has been a challenge, driving back and forth
Kyle- ending his senior year with strength and focus while also working on details of the wedding and their new place
Carmen- Junior year and thoughts of schools and future, Keeping focused and working hard
Allee- continual work strength, seeing the good in the life she has verses the life her friends have. It's so easy to look at what others have and want it too! 



Comments

Popular Posts