Long time coming!!!

I have sat to blogg many a times and then something happens. I get distracted or think of all the things on my to-do list that needs to get done. Even now, I am thinking of all the things I should be doing. I think of all the things that we are involved in right now and prep work that needs to happen. I get overloaded and then I want to zone out, I want to lay down on the couch and watch TV, I want to go outside and sit by the pool and take in the beauty that is around me and try to forget the struggles of my heart (oops no pool!! can't do that!) I get lost in time and before I know it hours have passed. I have so much on the WANT to list, it seems like I can't fit it all in. I want to do things that will squeeze family time out, hubby time out, man is that a mistake because my hubby and family are the most important things to me! Then I feel lonely and wonder why! I am grateful for reconnecting with my running partner! what a blessing to have some girl time and get exercise! IT rocks!

So let's play catch up! It's been over a month!!

Allee is doing great! She looks great and has a great attitude. She seems to be doing well in the work field and personal life. So thankful to see her this way! Praising the Lord for her!

Kyle and Katelyn are chipping away at wedding plans! I think Katelyn has asked her bridesmaids now! Kyle is staying busy with what he loves- interning at church, being a youth leader and worship team.

Baby Girl has had much needed down time and friend time. I did not realize how much she was missing time with friends to laugh and be silly. Life had become sports and school work. the hard work paid off- she is excelling in school.

Mr. Tyler, this boy!!! He is a NUT!!! I love him to pieces. He sent hubby and I a text while we were celebrating our Anniversary announcing he got engaged the night before. We were not surprised it happened but we were surprised it happened then! You would of thought we would of talked about it! That he would of talked to Ashley's parents about it, that we could of had a celebration in the plans! BUT this is Tyler!! We did get to celebrate the good news and enjoy an evening with her parents! So now the planning of 2 weddings!

We have found land and close next week to begin clearing and constructing our new home. We are so excited to be getting closer to church, have room for almost anything we want to do, and use all the land to glorify Christ! We look forward to having friends and family over and for youth to come hike, build fires and swim (one day).

Last week Tyler went for his Neuropsych examine in Charlotte. The doctor called yesterday with results. We are not surprised by the results one bit. Tyler overall is doing great! He is healing and he feels he is ready to go back to school. The report shows he is overall doing well. His visual memory is superb. His auditory memory is low average borderline impaired. Meaning he has a hard time when you tell him a bunch of info to remember it all or comprehend it all. So this area he needs grace in, we need to remember that it's not that he does not care, he has a hard time. This is the area the doctor is concerned with going back to school. Any lecture class will be harder for him. He will need to be his own advocate and get class notes. Visual classes he should do great in. So for the next semester he has been recommended to take 1 or 2 classes and not push it. The doctor also suggested for him to retake the test in a couple of months to see if this is the new normal for Tyler or if this part of the brain that is still healing and it will get better!

Tyler healing has been a gift from the Lord. The biggest change in Tyler is his spiritual growth! I am amazed every time we talk of the things that come from his mouth. He is sure that the Lord Jesus Christ saved him to work for Christ. He has such a desire to honor the Lord in all he does and to glorify Christ. Tyler's heart for his friends is amazing and he wants all of them to come to church and learn about Christ. Tyler is soaking in the good news of Christ. He desires to love Ashley the way Christ loves the church and it is beautiful! He does not always have the grace with his words, we are working through that! He knows he is not lucky to be alive but saved by the grace of Christ!

I was told once by a friend that when all his kids are walking with the Lord his job as parent is done! I love that! I gauge my success of parenting not on how pretty, good, successful, or well known my kids are but if they are walking with the Lord. I know it is the Lord who grows their faith. I can plant and water but He grows their faith. Until the Lord grows my kids faith I will continue sharing the Love and Grace and need of a Savior to them! I know that Chris and I's first priority is our family and sharing God's Word with them. They get to see our good, bad and ugly. They get to see the walk and if it measures up to the talk Chris and I talk. If we are not walking they see it and they know!

Please join me in praying for my crew-
Allee- continue health, safety living alone, growth in Christ
Kyle- wedding plans, honoring Christ and honoring Katelyn while moving towards being a husband, growth in Christ
Carmen- health, safety in sports, priorities, growth in Christ
Tyler- continue healing, honoring Christ and honoring Ashley as his soon to be wife, wedding plans, growth in Christ
Chris and I- knowledge and wisdom in all areas of our life, home plans and timing of putting our house on the market, growth in Christ!


Comments

Popular Posts