I am done with hospitals.

I have been in a hospital more the last year than I believe my whole life combined. I am done with being in a hospital. Really! I would be happy to be in a hospital for a birth, I guess. I would make myself go.

Maybe it is just me. I mean I know people have spent way more days and way more time in hospitals than I have. I have a couple friends who are in hospitals regularly fighting cancer or have other chronic illness.

I have lived such a sheltered life of not needing to go to the hospital much. That was up until 3 years ago. Yep, 3 years ago began my journey that I am on. A journey that made me familiar with hospitals. A journey that God has carried me through every moment. A journey that was not expected. From the first phone call to the last one a couple of weeks ago. A journey that has taught me to appreciate the medical staff more and yet remember they are human, some are better than others, and I must ask lots of questions to understand and make the best decisions.

I have lived in such a fairytale life up until 3 years ago. I mean really, none of my siblings passed away at a young age. I still had my parents, all of them! I lost my grandparents but I did not really know them and they were old. No one in my family had life threatening cancer. My best friend growing up, her daughter is fighting cancer but I did not know and still don't know how to respond to that. I try the best I can, I am not in her life daily and I don't get regular updates so as much as I try, it's just not my daily life.  So  when it comes to things that needed hospital care, I have been shielded.  Even when my best friends mother passed away I was distant. Man, how I wish I was there for her.  You just don't know what to do or how hard it is till you go through something yourself.

That has been my life. My life as I know it has been honestly, pretty darn easy.  I still think we have dealt with some hard things but my best friend has dealt with so much harder stuff.  We all have our own paths, we all deal with our own stuff.

Tyler has a story of what he has dealt with. He will be able to share his tough stuff with others.  He went for his driving test on May 3rd. Chris said it was the hardest test he had ever seen and Tyler never touched a steering wheel. The test was lots of reaction and remembering. Tyler did well. On Friday the doctor called and cleared him to begin driving.  He has some restrictions for the first little bit then he is free to go. We are supper excited for him. First step to being back to total Independence. Yes, I am excited. I am also gonna be pretty sad when him and Ashley are not around as much as they are now. It's been great! It has made this mommas heart joyful to have her babies around.

Allee called me a couple of weeks ago to share she was going to the doctor again for pain in her side. This sickness has left her nauseous and running a temp. She had been to the doctor many times over the last 3 years or so. After testing the doctor decided to take her gallbladder. So Allee went in for surgery on May 3rd. It was an honor to be by Allee's side through this week of testing and surgery.  We spent a couple hours Tuesday in the hospital and then Thursday we were at another hospital. The hospital Allee had surgery at was close to the Out patient facility Tyler was. I thought about walking the track when Tyler was there but this time with Allee I go to walk the track.  After taking a few days for Allee to heal she is doing great. For a little over 24 hrs I had all four of my babies home. It was a beautiful thing. The fact that I got that short time to care for my sweet pea was such a gift. I got to feed her and love on her and it was awesome!!

Now, as much as I am done with hospitals, I know if I needed to be in one tomorrow I would be there and I would lean on the strength of the Lord! I would not complain about being there. Hospitals are just not a warm and comfy kind of place. I know that God has carried me through the last 3 years and He will continue to carry me through til the end of my life. He is my rock and my redeemer. He is the help I need. I see the gifts I have before me and know all good things come from Him!

I cannot express enough to those prayer warriors how appreciated they are! God hears the prayers of His people.  We know that God is in control and it is joyful to His hears to hear all people cry out to Him united.  We are thankful for all of the unity of prayers.

Ways to still pray- Allee's total recovery, that this will end her health isuues.
Tyler- psych test on June 6th at 830am. School would be clear with how Tyler is to finish the classes he didn't finish and he could finish his schooling quickly.
Kyle- wedding plans and perservance as he finishes school and prepares for adult life.
Carmen- to finish the school year strong.
Chris and I and our search and plans to move.


Comments

Popular Posts