My Dream last night about Dad





Has it really been this long since I have sat down to blogg. I have thought about it so many times. This is something I really want to remember so I am putting all work aside to blogg this dream I had last night.  I am not one to put a lot of weight to dreams. This one really hit me. I am not a great story teller so I will try. I do think this was an important dream.

Last night I had a dream it was this week - before Christmas, before my sweet boy's 20th birthday party. We had people at the house, most were family. There was an old employee of ours Eddie Wilson. He shared with all of us that his father Bruce, also an x-employee, had passed away a few years ago. Before he passed  he went  deaf and Eddie started signing. I shared how my father also passed away 18 months ago. Eddie remembered my dad. He left the room and we talked about we never knew they were related to Chris, my hubby, until we went to lunch and started talking about family, We realized then Chris and Bruce were cousins.

The room shifted and I was sitting in my living room at a desk we had up against the wall. I looked over and my dad was sitting in our dining room chair. We were talking about him staying in the bedroom on the main level, I told him I was sorry I did not have clean sheets on the bed I would get them.
 Then I remembered, Sunday - we are celebrating my son's birthday sunday. I said,  "Dad, I am so sorry! I did not tell you I invited Cindy for the celebration. I am sorry, I did not ask first!"
He responded "It's ok honey. That is one person I would really like to see again."

With that response I found myself looking at him totally confused I questioned in my head if he really had passed away.  With that I got up and walked over to him and sat on the floor and stared at him. He would not look at me, he had something sticking out of his mouth.
I sat there totally confused and I said to him.  "Are you alive?"
He looked at me with such sweetness and quickly looked away and responded "In eternity I am alive."
I sat there and just stared. Then the tears came. I knew then I was just dreaming this was not really happening. I did not get a new desk for my living room. I wanted so bad to stay there and not wake up, yet my body was saying waking up! I woke up sobbing to my hubby telling him he was sorry I had had a bad dream..
I responded with "it wasn't a bad dream. I saw Dad and asked if he was really alive. He said 'In eternity I am'. Hubby quickly responded "that was a sweet dream".

I was dripping in sweat and beside myself.

I do not ever want to remember seeing him healthy and happy. Knowing he is happy that I reconnected with Cindy - his Love!

I am not one to believe in signs or visions. I believe the Bible is clear on these kinds of things.
I do rest in the comfort that my Dad is in Eternity with Jesus Christ the one and only way!!

John 14:6  (NASB)

Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Comments

Popular Posts